Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Weeks later

So, I'm not sure what happened but the last couple of weeks disappeared. I freaked out over my prospectus last Wednesday. Now, I'm not freaking out, but I'm still feeling stuck. And the grading! I've successfully procrastinated it for two weeks now! That's awful. Today, I will plunge in and do as much as possible. I want to just be done.

Also, teaching has been pretty awful for the last couple of days. My students hate the last book I've chosen for them to read (Jimmy Corrigan: The Smartest Kid on Earth), which really sucks. They have either not been reading or do not care that I'm suffering in front of them trying to talk about this hugely complex book. Discussion has been dead. Dead! What happened to my wonderful class? They have exited the building. I'm left with a bunch of duds.

Okay, it's 10:17 a.m. Can I finish grading by 8 p.m. and still have time to work on my prospectus?

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to comment the day you posted this, but it was an iPhone-internet-only day, which makes commenting less easy. But I wanted to say that any class that doesn't think that Jimmy Corrigan: The Smartest Kid on Earth is great is, well, pretty lame. Boo for lame classes.

    I think it's awesome that you're using Chris Ware for a class at all. If you're nice to me, someday I'll show you my McSweeney's Quarterly with the Chris Ware fold-out cover. Am-a-zing. (Yes, even more awesome than this triptych of New Yorker covers a couple of years ago.)

    ReplyDelete