Sunday, March 13, 2011

Worst blogging partner ever

So, it's Sunday morning, and another week has passed with nary a glance at the files in my dissertation file. I'm feeling a sense of bewilderment. Henceforth, I will not let this feeling dictate my life; I will at the very least blog what is going on. I want to talk more about these questions. What are the motivating questions of my current chapter? If I write them down, will I feel less scared?

While Jeff has been diligently blogging, I've been avoiding. Avoiding blogging, avoiding dissertating, and, oh dear, avoiding even the thought of dissertating. Then I woke up at 4:30 AM and felt the urge to write. It might have felt a bit panicky and anxious, but it was still there: the urge. So, it's an hour and a half later and I still haven't opened a file. And then I realized I could at least blog a couple of paragraphs, and then I could open the file. And then I could feel sure that progress would be made. One word at a time. Also, this week is blog week for me. I will blog my progress each day. March 13: check. March 14: you're mine. I'll check in later.

Jeff: when's the conference? Have you been writing the paper? What have you learned from printing out your chapter? Please report in.

No comments:

Post a Comment